Friday, April 8, 2016

When Life gives you Tomatoes

This is quite a funny quote that I've came up with by myself-it was inspired by my favorite Movie "Dr. Seuss's The Lorax" (2012). In the scene the Once-ler is trying to sell his Thneed in Greenville, but each time he tries to sell it and about to sing a song-people throw tomatoes at him, but he kept trying even if a little girl destroyed his guitar-HE NEVER gave up (Well when he got very frustrated after many days he did-but surprisingly the thneed became popular and everyone wanted to buy it when the thneed proved itself on its own).

But you know what I learned from that scene? Life can be challenging, hard, difficult, even troublesome at times-even when your trying to make your dreams come true, there's gonna be those who don't believe in you or think that it's impossible.



When life throws tomatoes at you, just catch those tomatoes and make tomato soup out of it-or a pizza, don't let it splatter all over you and pile you in its juices and peels. You gotta catch those tomatoes in a basket and make something out of them. 


Ya know the old saying, "Life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Well the same goes for Tomatoes-when life gives ya tomatoes, make tomato soup or pizza out of it-even tomato juice.



Believe me-I went through many hardships in my life: Being Bullied in school, finding a job, dealing with issues and situations. And at times I had a few tomatoes on my face, but I kept moving forth, catching the ongoing tomatoes charging at me and make a pizza out of it-and sometimes tomato soup (Which is very delicious with croutons or grilled cheese to go with it). I never gave up: I ignored the bullies as best I could, I studied hard and even graduated as Saludictorian in high school (Valedictorian in 8th grade), got my Bachelor degree in Library Science AND even found a job as a shelver at my local library.

So remember-if Life should throw tomatoes at you, don't be bombarded and covered in them-make something out of them-especially a delicious pizza. Don't let nobody stand in the way of your dreams-even if one dream is to run a pizza joint with unique flavors nobody has ever heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment